Friday, January 4, 2013

My 20 minute scrappy pincushion

Since I stabbed myself in the lip on Christmas Eve while rushing to finish my hubby's gift, I have decided to try using a pincushion. I've always been in the habit of holding a few pins in my mouth, but stabbing myself, as well as some other stories I have heard, have made me think twice about it! Plus, it's hard to snack with pins in your mouth hahaha!

I've looked for patterns, and found some I like, but I have so many pins, and sometimes I use a LOT of them (if you know me, you know I hate pinning, but when I use them, I go a little overboard.)

Since this is my first pincushion, I didn't want to spend a ton of time or materials on it. So I decided to take a few minutes to throw something together, so I will have one and can decide how I feel about using one.

I pulled out some scraps from my scrap box, and sewed some strips together till I had a piece that was about 6 inches square. Then I made another one with more scraps. I sewed a strip around the edges of both pieces, and left an opening to stuff it with the half a bag of hand me down polyester stuffing I had lying around. And then I ladder stitched it shut (by hand?? ME?!? Unheard of!)

And here is the finished product!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment