Monday, June 25, 2012

The rest of Dear Jane Row A!

I haven't posted a block in a little bit, so I'm catching up. I completed Row A this morning! :D
Block A-8. This was my first successful attempt at paper piecing. I discovered thatquilt.blogspot.com and started following the tutorials on that site. It's really great if you're doing a Dear Jane yourself!
Block A-9. More paper piecing. I think I love it a little.


A-10. Not my favorite block. I'm not great at any kind of hand stitching, so I had to do this reverse applique with my machine. Kind of weird looking, but I don't hate it enough to do it again ;)

A-11. More paper piecing, and more of this crazy hand applique. I was trying to do the inset Y-seams but I couldn't get it to turn enough to be able to stitch it down that way. So more "applique" by machine. Hoping it's not too obvious when the whole quilt is done!
A-12. A little off but not too bad.
A-13. The tutorial I was following showed this one being appliqued all around the main star part, but I managed it all by machine. The seams weren't as hard to turn this time. And it's one of my favorites so far!
And that's the end of Row A!

No comments:

Post a Comment