Monday, March 21, 2011

Just wanted to share my first quilt design :)


I thought I'd share a picture of the quilt I designed for my 2 year old last year. It's a Thomas the Tank Engine quilt made from Cranston Village fabrics. My son absolutely LOVES Thomas! So, since I'd made the Fons and Porter Victory Lane quilt for my oldest (it's a Disney Cars quilt), I thought I should make one for my youngest too. But I didn't like any of the existing patterns out there. So I started looking for fabrics, and came up with this. I didn't get exact measurements of the pieces till I had the fabrics in my hands, but it went together very quickly after that!

I was going to try to put together instructions for how I made it, but one of the fabrics doesn't appear on Cranston Village's website anymore. So I will have to rework it a little before I can do that, but in the meantime, here's what I made.

This was the first quilt I ever designed, although I have a few more floating around in my head waiting to get out!

No comments:

Post a Comment